Monday, February 8, 2010

Hotel Situation

I'll post the hotel info that I have received via emails on here:

UPDATE:
We and the youngs are at the springhill suites. they don't have a race rate but the rooms sleep six. they do still have rooms. the galt house has a race rate of $144 if you ask for it.

From Karen:

hi...i don't have walkers email so pls forward
so here's what I know...
Brock/Amy have booked rooms at Springhill Suites/medical district...which is just a few blocks from the end of the race. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sdfsd-springhill-suites-louisville-downtown-medical-district/ They got a good deal through their Marriott points....but the regular prices are $179, the average room price for downtown hotels right now....
Krista got a room at Galt House which is right at the end.... http://www.galthouse.com/ She went on priceline.com and bid $80 and got this...but when I tried to do that...it wouldn't take my bid...i may try each day and up the bid a tidge, but I do know that there are rooms for $150 there...and larger suites for the $179 price.
There are no military discounts....only marathon discounts...which is what those prices are mostly.
I know it's ideal to stay together, but that would mean someone would need to just book a section of rooms....do we even know how many rooms left we need? Or I guess people just need to find the best deal possible for them. It's not how I envisioned this...but still doable...we have cell phones and will hopefully meet up with each other in the midst of 15,000 people.
Has anyone else gotten rooms?
Also please let me know what your alls travel plans are..i.e. what time you think you're leaving...are we caravaning or just meeting up there? I know it's a ways out still...but I just asked a friend to drive with me...so I wouldn't have to drive after running that morning ;0)
that's all i got for now...

From Jennifer:
The Tyler's, Nicholas's, and Rolph's are staying at the Courtyard Northeast (Marriott) for $99 a night. We just booked these last night and they still had rooms left. The hotel the Cima's are staying at is full.

From Karen:

ok thanks...that's pretty far east....
I went ahead and paid the money for the Galt House...so we could be right downtown and w/at least one other person I know....and not have to drive anywhere that morning. I have been checking w/the other downtown hotels and most are booked...but priceline.com does still show rooms available which is how I booked the Galt house....

oh and please forward to the other families....who are not listed or send me their emails so we can include them in further discussions.
I need to do 8 on Friday...not sure how or where....(since sat i am traveling out of town...) anyways...if you have a good 8-mile route let me know. ;0) I'm scoping out some routes....that will motivate me and give me a bathroom break at least 1/2 way through. ;0) lol...
cheers for now.


3 comments:

  1. i tried priceline a couple times last week and again today... i'll try again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we and the youngs are at the springhill suites. they don't have a race rate but the rooms sleep six. they do still have rooms. the galt house has a race rate of $144 if you ask for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Walkers and Katie D have a room at the downtown Residence Inn. We may try to change in April, but we'll wait and see. FYI, the Greenfields have a roon at the downtown Marriot (Pres Greenfield has been secretly training...).

    ReplyDelete